[DRBD-user] drbd panic action

KOZMAN Balint bkozman at imind.hu
Wed Sep 6 12:00:25 CEST 2006

Hi there,

in drbd.conf (8.0pre4) there are two default parameters:

# what should be done in case the node is primary, degraded
# (=no connection) and has inconsistent data.
pri-on-incon-degr "halt -f";

# The node is currently primary, but lost the after split brain
# auto recovery procedure. As as consequence it should go away.
pri-lost-after-sb "halt -f";

The situation is that, when connection goes down (e.g. because of too many
lost interrupts on the ethernet card) and drbd ping ack gets lost, then
node goes down, however after restarting it, auto recovery succeeds.
(Running in two-primaries mode.)
My problem is that if we make the node go down, then we have no chance to
automaticaly/manually recover from the split brain situation without a
full restart. And in my case probably an "ifdown/ifup" could do the job.

Could anyone suggest a bit finer solution than "halt -f", or is it must
and I'm missing the point?

Thanks,
Balint