[DRBD-user] formatting of drbd partition

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Fri Sep 1 10:10:33 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 13:50 +0700, Anthony Dawson wrote:
> The mapping of disk /dev/drbd? devices to /dev/hda? is determined by the
> entries in the node section as is the meta-data disk to be used. U do not
> use a drbd in the meta-disk specification but an hd?? device

Ofcourse. I assumed that /dev/drbd0 is associated with /dev/hda1 in
configurations. Now /dev/hda1 has some data and we want it to be alive
after we mount it as /dev/drbd0. Now if we are using external
metadata, /dev/hda1 will be unchanged when it will be mounted
as /dev/drbd0, isn't it? :-)

> Regarding size:
>
> Not sure what version of drbd you are talking about but here is an extract
> from the latest drbd.conf file
>
> # Upgrading from DRBD-0.6.x
> #
> # Using the size parameter in the disk section (was disk-size) is
> # no longer valid. The agreed disk size is now stored
> # in DRBD's non volatile meta data files.
>
> And as far as I know the size is now fixed to 128meg per drbd device.

Yes its fixed. I have tried changing it to greater (640MB). I was
successful.

entry in drbd-8.0pre3/scripts/drbd.conf: 196
# In case you only want to use a fraction of the available space
# you might use the "size" option here.
#
# size 10G;