[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.8pre5 and VMWare Problem

Samuel Partida Amores Samuel.Partida at isotrol.com
Mon Oct 23 14:25:25 CEST 2006

Hi people! I'm having problems trying to setup a virtual cluster with VMWare.
We have 2 debian nodes with 2 scsi disks each.

The second scsi disk is the device to be attached to the drbd cluster

The problem is that when we try to setup the cluster, running drbdadm adjust
r0, an OOPS happens.

Looking above the OOPS, when drbdadm tries to attach the physical device, a
failure appears:

Failure: (115) Meta device is already mounted.

Then the disk state is "Diskless". I wonder if this is a vmware problem, I
have no other way to test the cluster.

Samuel Partida Amores
samuel.partida at isotrol.com
Edificio BLUENET. Avda. Isaac Newton nº 3, 4ª planta.
Parque Tecnológico Cartuja '93, 41092 Sevilla.
Teléfono: 955 036 800 - Fax: 955 036 849