[DRBD-user] 4TB limit

Ralf Gross Ralf-Lists at ralfgross.de
Thu Oct 19 11:08:53 CEST 2006

Milind Dumbare schrieb:
> On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 09:42 +0200, Ralf Gross wrote:
> >
> > if I understand the documentation correct, there is a limit of ~4TB
> > for a single drbd device on 32bit systems. Furthermore lvm on top of a
> > drbd device is not recommended.
> >
> > What is the recommended way to use drbd and lvm for filesystems that
> > are >4TB. My aim would be to have only one mount point, hence lvm on
> > top of drbd would be desired.
>
> Have you used EVMS? I heard its similar to LVM and works well with DRBD.

Actually, I allways disabled evms, because I got problems on ubuntu
systems with evms enabled when I wanted to use lvm. I didn't even know
what evms is until I ran ito these problems.

If you say evms is working (better) on top of drbd I will give it a
try. At the moment I have the problem that evms does not find the
/dev/drbd0 and /dev/drbd1 devices.

Ralf