[DRBD-user] 4TB limit

Matthias Weigel matthias.weigel at maweos.de
Thu Oct 19 10:53:37 CEST 2006

Hello Ralf,

LVM on top of DRBD works great for me.
The only problem is LVM wants to autodetect at startup its configuration
using some sort of signature or super block. LVM scanns all available
block devices for its signature and refuses DRBD-devices, because they
have the same UID as the underlying devices.

So you have to make sure, LVM sees ONLY your DRBD-devices and not the
devices DRBD uses. This is done in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf with the "filter"
statement.

Best Regards

Matthias