[DRBD-user] drbd and lvm2 HOWTO?

Ralf Gross Ralf-Lists at ralfgross.de
Wed Oct 18 18:20:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm going to use drbd for two new server. The primary server will be
connected to an external SATA/SCSI RAID array, starting with 4TB of
disk space, and the possibility to extend the array to 7TB.

The second server will be a simple server with a bunch of disks and an
Areca RAID controller. It will also be able to provide 7TB of disk
space.

I used lvm in the past and tested drbd/heartbeat with two spare
systems. So far so good ;)

I'm still looking for a HOWTO or 'best practice' document, that
describes how to use drbd and lvm2 together. drbd over lvm seems to be
preferable. What about growing a lvm/drbd volume and the filesystem?

Ralf