[DRBD-user] Re: drbd 0.7.21(kernel 2.6.17) hang problem

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Wed Oct 18 17:40:26 CEST 2006

Hi Maciej,

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 17:07, Maciej Bogucki wrote:
> >>When I only leave one node(primary) I still have laga. And it is
> >>strangest thing to me.  It is x86_64 HA Cluster, but I have the same
> >>hardware in another location and there are no problems. Strange :)
> >
> > right. so I'll file that as "somebody elses problem",
> > as it seems not to be drbd problem.
>
> We have changed almost everything.
> 1. have tested kernels from 2.6.14 to 2.6.17
> 2. drbd from 0.7.14 to 0.7.21
> 3. changed machine to different vendor
> 4. changed SCSI disks to IDE
> 5. changed x86_46 architecture to i386
> And all fail. All the time we get console lags.
> The strangest thing is that when we run mysql on phisical
> device(/dev/sdaX) there is no lags.
> I don't know how can I debug it.

I'm certainly not an expert in reading those kernel traces, but even for
non-kernel hackers it may give an idea whats going on. Also, the nice linbit
people certainly know how to read it.

One can get a trace of the current tasks via 'sysrq t' ,
see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysrq.txt for details.

Hope it helps,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert