[DRBD-user] DRBD + GFS + iSCSI?

CA Lists lists at creativeanvil.com
Sun Oct 15 18:39:18 CEST 2006

I'm wanting to create a cheap, yet redundant, iSCSI SAN solution. My thought
was to get two separate servers, configure both with Linux-HA for failover,
iSCSI Enterprise Target on a GFS (or OCFS2) disk, then mirror the disk from
server1 to server2 via DRBD. I will need multiple clients (apache cluster &
mysql cluster) to connect to whatever server is active at the time. I know
that the current stable version of DRBD only supports 1 active system at a
time, which is all I'm going for, but I wasn't sure if it would allow the
disk to be exported via iSCSI and mounted on multiple clients at the same
time, or if it considered that the same as trying to mount it on both
servers at the same time.

In the end, my goal is to have an iSCSI target machine, with a second one
sitting there waiting (mirrored), just in case something goes wrong...

Is this possible? Thanks,

Rob