[DRBD-user] Resyncing oddities and reboots

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Thu Oct 5 17:01:13 CEST 2006

Greetings all and thanks way in advance for help and suggestions.

I have heartbeat set up on two machines for redundancy keeping things
short I'll name them A and B here is my dilemna:

A (192.168.2.1 primary) runs 3 programs B (192.168.2.2 secondary)
lurks until A goes down where it's supposed to take over for B and run
the 3 programs...

Take note of haresource, following the instructions on linux-ha "Note
that it is
absolutely mandatory for the haresources files to be identical on both
machines."
... If this is the case then why would I get the following error on
machine A:

CRITICAL: Resource 192.168.2.1 is active and should not be

I made a change so they're not the same.

On machine A:
# cat haresource.conf
B 192.168.2.2 heartbeat asterisk nagios

# cat ha.cf
debugfile    /var/log/ha-debug
logfile     /var/log/ha-log
logfacility    local0
keepalive    2
deadtime    5
initdead    15
updport        6094
bcast        eth1
ping A
auto_failback on
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
node A
node B

On machine B:
# cat haresource.conf
A 192.168.2.1 heartbeat asterisk nagios

# cat ha.cf
debugfile    /var/log/ha-debug
logfile     /var/log/ha-log
logfacility    local0
keepalive    2
deadtime    5
initdead    15
updport        6094
bcast        eth1
ping A
auto_failback on
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
node A
node B

Now when A does come back up, B should (from what I thought) give back
primary
status to A. However when A comes back up, A reboots itself. Upon restarting
it does not resync to B. Any thoughts?

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams