[DRBD-user] Difference Between wtc-timeout and degr-wtc-timeout

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at pmcipa.com
Mon Oct 2 16:25:39 CEST 2006

I checked the list archive for the past year and did not see this being
discussed.

Our primary server will not boot up when the standby server is off. It
just hangs forever, or until I start drbd on the standby.

I have wtc-timeout set to 0 and degr-wtc-timeout set to 120. Obviously I
do not understand how these settings really work.

The way things are currently working for me, drbd is mot much good as a
fault-tolerance mechanism because 1 server will not work by itself. Both
have to be up and running or neither one works.

I suppose I could try setting wtc-timeout to 120, but the documentation
warns of possible split-brain scenarios.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - October 2, 2006
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management (PSM) or Physician's Managed Care (PMC). Warning: Although the message sender has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither PSM nor PMC can accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.