[DRBD-user] DRBD in Diskless/Inconsistent state, can't changestate to Primary

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Fri Nov 3 15:15:40 CET 2006

I would also try:
drbdadm create-md r0
on the secondary machine (the one without any valid data). This will mark it
as a sync target, no questions asked, and may help the other node with
becoming primary. However, I just looked at your log files and it appears
that drbd cannot see the underlying device. Your node is diskless, and I
think you to be "inconsistent" before the primary -o will work. Perhaps you
need to run drbd create-md r0 on the node you are working on? You have to do
that to create the initial metadata before drbd can do anything with the
device.

Chris