[DRBD-user] Failing over a drbd manually

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Tue May 30 15:20:07 CEST 2006

> *NOTE: If you are lazy then you can simply go to the node which is in
> secondary mode and run the command: *
> drbdadm primary web --do-what-I-say

Did you change *web* with your resource name? This really should have worked if you had unmounted
the file system on the primary. If the command fails, check the logs to see what error messages drbd
is giving you (something like: tail -200 /var/log/messages | grep -i drbd). If you see something
like device is busy, then the problem is that you forgot to un-mount drbd from the primary. My notes
have been tested and were confirmed by myself and another user of the list, so you must be doing
something wrong.

Diego