[DRBD-user] Protokoll policity for versions?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue May 30 14:01:17 CEST 2006

/ 2006-05-30 10:54:49 +0200
\ Alexander (Axel) Straschil:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to mix different 0.7.x versions for primary/secondary?

yes.

> Is there a update-policity that 0.7.x version are compatible?

yes.

each version has an "api" and a "proto" version,
see http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/branches/drbd-0.7/ChangeLog
api is local, and means that the userspace tools (drbdsetup) and kernel
module have to have the same api version.
proto is what drbd talks on the wire, so this means this has to be the
same for both nodes.

proto version for all 0.7.x is 74,
which means you can do rolling upgrades.