[DRBD-user] Database integrity

Alex alshu at tut.by
Wed May 10 20:49:36 CEST 2006

   Hello gentlemen,
   We solved try to use DRBD with Heartbeat for make more reliable
work of PostgreSQL database. But after introduction with most part of
documentation i hasn't found straight answer on one question.
   Can DRBD guarantee integrity of database (all tables, indexes, cache
and other parts) after fail of active node and switching in active mode
passive node with start of database?
   As i think this task can't be solved by DRBD and we may have such
situation when database can't start on another node or will have
problem with content of database.
   Thank you for any help.
   With best wishes,
   Shubnik Aleksandr