[DRBD-user] Re: strange performance problems with drbd

Torsten Neumann torsten.neumann at dlh.de
Mon May 8 09:28:30 CEST 2006

Francis I. Malolot <francis_m at ...> writes:

> please increase your MTU and feel the power of DRBD.
> here we can pump at 125MB....

the cisco switches between the two hosts don't allow that. Is it worth the
trouble with the network admins or does it explain the very slow drbd
performance with recent kernel versions?
The trouble is that I don't see any error messages. With other similiar drbd
setups ( drbd 0.7.17 SVN Revision: 2125M and kernel 2.6.16.11 ) on different
hosts I don't see that kind problems. There I got with the same network setup a
speed of approx. 80MB/sec when writing data with dd to the disk.

Regards,
  Torsten