[DRBD-user] DRBD configuration&In-Reply-To=A6EB3388F06FD0409B7E0FDD8589052801ED1ECA at BLR-EC-MBX02.wip

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri May 5 12:39:43 CEST 2006

/ 2006-05-03 16:41:41 -0600
\ Roger Beus:
> I am very new to DRBD and I am having the same problems as described in
> this post.  I have run the commands that were suggested and the
> command:
>
> rpm -qa | grep drbd returns:
>
> drbd-0.7.17-11

this contains the user space tools only.

you obviously need the drbd kernel module as well.

either your distribution provides it (well, you work for novell, so I guess it is
SuSE, which typically contains some version of drbd), or you get it from
 http://www.linbit.com/support/ (there it is named
drbd-km-<your-kernel-version-and-flavour>-<drbd-version>.rpm)
or you compile it yourself for your kernel from the drbd tarball.