[DRBD-user] RAID 0 and DRBD

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Sat Mar 25 11:15:15 CET 2006

Sinang, Danny wrote:

> If servers A and B each have two 300 GB drives in RAID 0 config, will
> DRBD failover to server B if one of server A's drives malfunctions ?

If by "failover" you mean "start sending I/O over the wire to server B"
then yes if you have "on-io-error: detach" set. DRBD on server A should
pick up the I/O error passed to it by the SCSI driver when the disk
fails and will go into diskless mode.

If you want to actually failover services etc., you need Heartbeat.

Tim