[DRBD-user] DRBD full sync not happening

Srikanth Varma sv476 at rediffmail.com
Thu Mar 23 16:01:35 CET 2006

We are using DRBD 0.7.11 for replicating a disk partition in our Linux storage blades. The user is given an option to set the size of the partition during the blade installation. For example if the user's input is 2000 MB as the partition size, we do a resizefs (2000-132)M immediately after mke2fs. Also, I have seen that the initial, full sync of the two DRBD devices (we make one of the devices Primary) isn't happening after a new installation. Due to this the Secondary blade isn't running normally after a failover as it fails to find the required files in the replicated partition. Immediately after an installation in the Primary's syslog I observed messages something like "0 KB marked out of sync", "16 KB...", "80 KB marked out of sync"....but never like "All blocks are marked out of sync..." which actually should result in a full sync from Pri-to-Sec. Wondering what could have went wrong. Can somebody help? Thanks.