[DRBD-user] 2.4.x - 2.6.x mixed kernel drbd cluster

Diego Liziero diego.liziero at comune.carpi.mo.it
Thu Mar 23 13:54:57 CET 2006

Anyone tested a drbd cluster with mixed version of 2.4.x and 2.6.x
kernel in their nodes?

I'm about to upgrade a drbd 2-nodes cluster from 2.4.x to 2.6.x kernel,
and I thought to change first the secondary node, then to switch it
to primary, and then to upgrade the second node.

In the middle of this process there will be, for a short while,
a cluster with mixed 2.4 and 2.6 kernel versions with drbd.

Anyone tested it?

Is it safe?

Regards,
Diego Liziero.