[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD-announce] drbd-0.7.17.tar.gz

Bernd Schubert bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 9 16:27:37 CET 2006

Hello,

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 15:22, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> 0.7.17 (api:77/proto:74)
> -----
>  * There was a bug that could cause the activity log to be not applied
>    after a primary crash, when an other size than 127 elements was
> configured. * There was a bug in the activity log code, that could cause
> that the latest update to the AL is omitted at recovery time.
>  * The "Marked additional XXKB as out-of-synced based on AL." message
>    showed one one eighth of the real amount, fixed.
>
> These are serious flaws in DRBD. Altough the probability to hit by

is each version of drbd-0.7 effected or only the most recent ones?
We are still at 0.7.11 and are now discussing the best update procedure.
If the secondary is possibly out of sync, it probably is not the best idea to
let it become primary, is it?

Thanks,
	Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de