[DRBD-user] Timeouts in drbdadm

Damian Pietras daper at daper.net
Wed Jun 28 09:00:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with "Child process does not terminate" message
sometimes. I can see there are timeout for various commands in drbdadm
and if the timeout expires this message s displayed (in m_system
function).

In my cace I use DRBD on some poor hardware equiped with a gigabit NIC.
When few drbd devices are syncing it's really slow, doing cat /proc/drbd
can last few seconds, so I ocassionally experience timeouts for commands
like drbdadm down which has 5s timeout.

I've increased this to 50s and it works well for me. I'm thinking about
removing the timeout completly or increasing them by for example 100 times.

Do those timeouts are really neccessary? For me it's acceptable to wait
for drbdadm command even for few minutes, can I remove them safely?

--
Damian Pietras