[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD user] HELP ... Primary becomes StandAlone.

Regis Gras Regis.Gras at ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Jun 20 15:30:37 CEST 2006

Lars Ellenberg wrote:
 > you have several options.

 > the most easy one would be to go to the secondary,
 > and wipe the drbd meta data area.
 > if you use external meta-data, that is
 >  /etc/init.d/drbd stop
 >  dd if=/dev/zero bs=4096 count=1
of=/dev/whatever-your-drbd-meta-data-device
 >  /etc/init.d/drbd start
 > and, on the primary, do "drbdadm connect all" again.
 > you'll see a Full Sync of the device then.

 > if you use internal meta-data, this is slightly more involved,
 > to get the offset right... if that is the case, please post again
 > with the output of "drbdadm dump", as well as "cat /proc/partitions".

Thank you for your help

I'am using internal meta-data.

Here drbdadm dump:
[dionysos]-root# drbdadm dump
resource r0 {
    protocol               C;
    incon-degr-cmd       "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep
60 ; halt -f";
    on dionysos.ujf-grenoble.fr {
        device           /dev/drbd0;
        disk             /dev/sda6;
        address          193.54.242.22:7788;
        meta-disk        internal;
    }
    on bacchus.ujf-grenoble.fr {
        device           /dev/drbd0;
        disk             /dev/sda6;
        address          193.54.242.17:7788;
        meta-disk        internal;
    }
    net {
        on-disconnect    reconnect;
    }
    disk {
        on-io-error      pass_on;
    }
    syncer {
        rate             10M;
        group              1;
        al-extents       257;
    }
    startup {
        degr-wfc-timeout  20;
        wfc-timeout       20;
    }
}

Here /proc/partitions
[dionysos]-root#cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   8     0   78125000 sda
   8     1    8193118 sda1
   8     2    6144862 sda2
   8     3    4096575 sda3
   8     4                1 sda4
   8     5    1020096 sda5
   8     6   58669348 sda6
 147     0   58538276 drbd0

Coud you tell me if external meta-data is a better option than internal
meta-data ?

Thank you very much

| Régis Gras                 | http://www-ledss.ujf-grenoble.fr  |
| L.E.D.S.S.                 | mailto:Regis.Gras at ujf-grenoble.fr |
| 301, rue de la chimie      |         --------------            |
| DU BP 53                   | Tel 04 76 51 41 76                |
| 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9     | Fax 04 76 51 40 89                |