[DRBD-user] Errors when creating a LVM PV on DRBD

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:49:51 CEST 2006

Hi There,

I am trying to setup a failover server with lvm on drbd... and am
trying to setup the following:

fs
lv
vg
pv
drbd
drive

This is so i can create lv partitions on server1 and have them
automatically mirrored to server2 without changing setup (ie adding
each lv to the drdb.conf file).

In my test environment, I have server1 and server2, both with
/dev/sdb1 as the meta data drive and /dev/sdb2 as a Linux LV
partition, then both servers have "disk = /dev/sdb2" set in the
drbd.conf file. Then try to do the following with the following result
(can anyone help me here please?):

server1:/# pvcreate /dev/drbd0
 Physical volume "/dev/drbd0" successfully created
server1:/# pvdisplay
 Found duplicate PV 947ghY5ndShGUC7jE8kUuhq9xEH6nvIB: using /dev/sdb2
not /dev/drbd0
 Found duplicate PV 947ghY5ndShGUC7jE8kUuhq9xEH6nvIB: using /dev/sdb2
not /dev/drbd0
 --- NEW Physical volume ---
 PV Name               /dev/drbd0
 VG Name
 PV Size               870.52 MB
 Allocatable           NO
 PE Size (KByte)       0
 Total PE              0
 Free PE               0
 Allocated PE          0
 PV UUID               947ghY-5ndS-hGUC-7jE8-kUuh-q9xE-H6nvIB

Thanks
Simon