[DRBD-user] Trouble with drbd-0.7.19.

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Wed Jun 14 16:04:56 CEST 2006

Hi All,

	I have installed DRBD on my machines ( One is "Dhruva" Fedora Core 5
i386 and other is "Tucker" Ubuntu 5.0 x86_64 )
I patched Linux-2.6.15 with drbd-0.7.19 patches and installed the
kernel. DRBD is built-in in kernel. ( Not Module)

following is my /etc/drbd.conf
===============================
resource RES1 {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "wall Beware";

  on dhruva {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/hda8;
    address   192.168.1.18:7789;
    meta-disk   internal;
  }
  on tucker {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda5;
    address   192.168.1.5:7789;
    meta-disk   internal;
  }
}
=================================

So as far as I understood "dhruva" is primary and "tucker" is secondary,
am I right?

So when I will write any data to /dev/hda8 of dhruva it will be
replicated to /dev/sda5, isn't it?

I have /dev/hda8 of Dhruva of 10GB size and /dev/sda5 of Tucker of 21GB
size, so it wont cause problem, which is discussed in FAQs, right?

Please help me out with abouve three questions.

--
...Milind
KGDB-PRO