[DRBD-user] HA NFS with more than 2 nodes.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 8 12:20:59 CEST 2006

/ 2006-06-05 17:34:36 +0530
\ Ashish Khurange:
> Basically I'm asking, is it possible to write a wrapper around DRBD,
> without making any change to DRBD. DRBD currently doing some
> operations to mirror data to one secondary node. Now this wrapper
> function should force it to repeat the same function n times., so that
> n nodes have mirrored data.
> Is it possible?

you don't write "a wrapper around drbd". no.

you can try and "stack" drbds above each other, with different peers.
that is basically what we do with drbd+ in three-node mode,
which is intended to be used as local two-node cluster plus off-site
deasaster recovery node.

but don't forget to think about the failure scenarios.
just making it work does not cut it. what is interessting is how this
behaves when something goes wrong... and then something else goes
wrong, too ... and then you do something wrong, because of the pressure
to get it going again at Monday 3:27 am ...
and how you recover from that.