[DRBD-user] IO errors freez secondary machine

Damian Pietras daper at daper.net
Thu Jun 8 09:07:20 CEST 2006

I have a disk which in some parts reports IO errors. I use LVM to create
a volume for replication and a volume for meta data. When I use this box
as a primary peer and the initial synchronization starts after a few
minutes I get I/O errors.

Now the iteresting part: after some time (from few to 30 minutes) of the
first read error on the primary box, the secondary peer freezez, even
the cursor does not blink. Has anyone seen this?

My kernel is vanilia 2.6.15.2 and DRBD 0.7.19.

--
Damian Pietras