[DRBD-user] HA NFS with more than 2 nodes.

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 5 13:32:37 CEST 2006

The limiting factor here would be DRBD. You can only get support for a 3-way drbd if you get drbd
plus from linbit (~1,870 Euros/year); this configuration is usually done for off-site disaster
recovery (from what I have read in the list). Also notice that drbd-0.7.x only allows active/passive
configurations, so you would have to use the new 0.8 or 8 series which is not stable yet. OTOH, if
you have shared storage, you can use GFS or OCFS for your file system and then connect as many nodes
as you want to the same storage system and use heartbeat 2.X.

I assume that when DRBD 8 is out you will be able to do active/active with GFS or OCFS and have two
nodes serving at the same time. I am not sure if 3-way nodes will be part of the standard drbd 8
series. Here is a link to their plus product:

http://www.linbit.com/en/drbd/drbd-plus/

Diego