[DRBD-user] drbd trunk in x86_64

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Mon Jul 31 20:07:41 CEST 2006

--On Monday, July 31, 2006 4:53 PM +0200 Lars Ellenberg
<Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> / 2006-07-31 15:30:42 +0200
> \ Håkan:
>> Whould it be possible to make drbd aware of multiple interfaces, so if
>> one breaks an alternative could be used to to communicate?
>
> not drbd's problem.  use bonding for that.
>  # modinfo bonding
>  # less /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

It would be useful to directly support multiple IPs, especially in the case
where one has multiple networks available (say, drbd + heartbeat and prod),
and network ports are exhausted on the server.

Not as useful as 0.8's active/active, but useful ;-)

(And what is it with this 0.x versioning scheme? drbd passed 1.0 a long
time ago. Not that drbd is the only project with more time in 0.x than
Chinese Democracy, but...)

--
Carson