[DRBD-user] Two vice-versa services on two nodes/machines

Ondrej Jombik nepto at platon.sk
Sat Jul 29 21:27:08 CEST 2006

Hello

I'm new on this list, so my greetings to all subscribers.

We recently discovered DRBD and we are very happy about this software.
We also understand small drawback that only primary/master partition can
be mounted and used.

What is particulary not clear for me is, if secondary/slave partition
can be mounted read-only (ro) or it is not possible to mount it at all
(without switching to master mode)?

Another question:

We are small company and we cannot afford another secondary/slave
hardware just "wait for primary/master failure". We would like to give
some production tasks to this secondary/slave machine as well and
set-up mirroring of another service to primary/master machine.

So:

- partition-A (service-A) will be master on machine1 and slave on machine2
- partition-B (service-B) will be master on machine2 and slave on machine1

Is this possible?
Does someone have this in production?

Thank you

Ondrej