[DRBD-user] Postgres permission denied after drbd sync

robertoms2003 robertoms2003 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 00:44:45 CEST 2006

I´m using postgres 8.1 undex linux slackware 10.2. File system is reserfs.

I can´t restart postgres on my master node after an unsuccessful drbd sync
against a slave node.

I get a message that says that permission is denied while creating
postmaster.pid.

I tried to list (ls -l) the .../data directory, and I get:
/usr/bin/ls: postmaster.pid: denied permission.

The same goes for pg_ident.conf and postmaster.opts files.

I can´t even create any file at all under .../data directory, as root or
postgres user.

Somehow I no longer have access rights over the postgres data directory.

All other linux directories are OK. The file permission problem is only in
the /data postgres directory.

What should I do to regain access rights in the /data postgres directory ???

Thanks for any input.