[DRBD-user] Compiling drbd0.7-module for the xen-kernel from backports

Aike de Jongste aike at virtualconcepts.nl
Thu Jul 20 16:15:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use drbd between two xen-guests running debian sarge. But
I am having trouble compiling the drbd module. The xen-kernel I am using
is 2.6.16-2-xen-k7 which is available trough backports.org. I tried to
compile drbd0.7.10-4 (debian stable) and drbd0.7.20-1(unstable) using
the kernel headers that belong to this kernel.

0.7.10-4 error:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-k7'
make[1]: Makefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile'.  Stop.

0.7.20-1 error (almost the same):
Calling toplevel makefile of kernel source tree, which I believe is in
KDIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-k7/
SORRY, kernel makefile not found. You need to tell me a correct KDIR!

Is it possible to compile the drbd module against the kernel headers?
Because the kernel headers are in backports but the source of this
kernel is not.....

Is it possible to use drbd with the 2.6.16-2 kernel? I read something
about problems with this specific kernel
(http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060609.120539.3de093e1.en.html)

If you need more information, please ask!

Thanks!

Aike de Jongste