[DRBD-user] Newbie probs with 0.8x on FC5

Håkan drbdhberg at wayfinder.com
Wed Jul 19 10:50:15 CEST 2006

Christophe Zwecker wrote:
> after I startup drbd with /etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd I do this on the primary:
>
> [root at mw-test2 ~]#  drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say primary all
> --do-what-I-say was renamed to --overwrite-data-of-peer, since that is
> less ambiguous.
> Only do it if you really know what you are doing. DRBD is going to save
> this fact to its metadata, and it will really overwrite the peer's copy
> of data with the local copy.
> Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --do-what-I-say' terminated with
> exit code 20
> drbdsetup exited with code 20

This is what i do on my 0.8pre3 setup, after modprobe drbd (r0 is my
resource):
Both nodes:
# drbdadm create-md r0
# drbdadm up all
one node:
# drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary all

Drbd now starts to syncronize. To make both nodes primary, issue on them
both:
# drbdadm primary all
but this requires the following in your drbd.conf:
net {
 allow-two-primaries;
}

> I did format /dev/sdb2 with ext3 on first machine.
I format /dev/drbd0 with ext3, but im using internal metadata though.

/Håkan