[DRBD-user] Re: drbd 0.7.20 lockup

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jul 17 11:12:57 CEST 2006

/ 2006-07-15 15:54:33 +1000
\ Bradley Baetz:
> The problem with the connection stalling still remains, though - if I
> disable the firewall on both boxes, and do |reboot -n -f| on the
> primary, on reboot it still stalls partway in to resyncing the AL.

we managed to get one of our test systems into "stalled" syncer state.
so hopefully we now can investigate it closer.

> Looking through the code, and comparing to RAID/LVM, I did notice one thing.
> The md code has:
>
>         if (unlikely(bio_barrier(bio))) {
>                 bio_endio(bio, bio->bi_size, -EOPNOTSUPP);
>                 return 0;
>         }
>
> in its make_request functions. For correctness, isn't something similar
> needed for drbd, at least until the TODO item with handling barriers is
> done?

such requests should never end up in our make_request function, I think.
but for completeness, we could put this explicitly in there.
I don't think this has anything to do with this problem, though.