[DRBD-user] Unable to change role from Secondary to Primary

Badge Parag-G19470 paragb at motorola.com
Fri Jul 14 10:21:55 CEST 2006

Hi Milind,

We have our own heart-beat mechanism. That detects primary down and then
changes role of secondary to primary. I can see in the sys-log that DRBD
at secondary detected primary going down after this only we try to
change role at Secondary. For us it takes 10 to 15 seconds to change
role of Secondary primary after detecting primary down. Above that we
have retry mechanism which takes around 10 seconds (5 retries with 2
seconds delay).

I am getting following messages in sys-log:

Jul 13 17:52:07 F101-SLOT-1 kernel: drbd0: PingAck did not arrive in
time.
Jul 13 17:52:07 F101-SLOT-1 kernel: drbd0: drbd0_asender [8883]: cstate
Connected --> NetworkFailure
Jul 13 17:52:07 F101-SLOT-1 kernel: drbd0: asender terminated

 but looks like it is stuck some-where and when we try to  change role
it returns error. It is not going into WFConnection state.

Thanks,
Parag.