[DRBD-user] drbd on md file ext3 corruption

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Wed Jul 12 18:05:54 CEST 2006

Brent Jensen wrote:

> So in your opinion (stress option) is this unrelated to DRBD and more of
> an EXT3/MD/Kernel issue? Were you using MD or hardware raid when it
> failed? What are you using now? Did you ever try a different filesystem
> other than EXT3 on top of MD/DRBD?

It seems most likely that there is either a bug deep in the kernel or in
*several* scsi drivers, or a bug in some chipsets, that is triggered by
specific type of load that DRBD creates (i.e. timing pattern accessing
network card and block device).  But I really don't know (as I said).

We did not use other filesystems; we observed the trouble on MD RAID0,
hardware SATA RAID and SCSI RAID (don't remember the models now, some
low end Adaptec if memory serves).

Eugene