[DRBD-user] drbd md and ext3 stability

Admin drbd-info at internode.com.au
Wed Jul 12 09:24:46 CEST 2006

Just to share my experiences

I have two sun x4100 machines (dual dual-core) running linux 2.6.17.3 x86_64 +
vserver 2.1.1rc25 + drbd 0.7 svn

Due to disk controller limitations I'm running a partitionable software md
stripe across 2 sets of hardware-mirrored disks (with /boot a mirror rather
than a stripe since you can't boot from a stripe)
The controller in these machines is a SAS (serial attached scsi) LSI1064 using
the fusion mpt sas driver bundled with the kernel.

There are two drbd devices - primary ownership split between the two nodes,
formatted with ext3.

They are linked directly with gigE

They have been running fsx (a filesystem stress tester from next/apple) for 2
days and have produced no problems

bonnie and iozone have also completed extended runs without causing faults.

Admin