[DRBD-user] Impossible to compile drbd-0.8pre3 against 2.6 RHEL kernel...

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jul 11 18:01:30 CEST 2006

/ 2006-07-11 17:32:54 +0200
\ Sébastien CRAMATTE:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to compile drbd-0.8pre3 against 2.6 RHEL kernel without success
> I use a particular configuration because the server runs using debian
> sarge 3.1 but  using  RHEL kernel with freevps (www.freevps.com)
>
> I've used gcc  3.3.5-3

> #make clean CC=gcc32; make KDIR=/usr/src/freevps/kernel_26

as a side note:
it is of little use to specify the CC for clean;
it may be very imporant to specify it for the actual make though.

> /usr/src/drbd-8.0pre3/drbd/drbd_receiver.c:432: error: too few arguments to function `sock_create'

please google for "error: too few arguments to function `sock_create'".
I'd say: not drbd's problem...
whether the suggested fix to "just add ', 0' to the sock_create arguments"
has unwanted side effects or not, I cannot say without deeper investigation.