[DRBD-user] 0.7.20 - Starting DRBD resources: [ d0 ioctl(, SET_DISK_CONFIG, ) failed: Operation not permitted

Sim simvirus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:19:33 CEST 2006

Hi!

I have one setup of DRDB  0.7.15 ( Master+Slave ) without problems.

Today I'm trying to setup a new "setup" over two identical
hardware/config with  DRDB 0.7.20 , but it show:  [ d0
ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Operation not permitted

# service drbd status
drbd not loaded

# service drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed:
Operation not permitted

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 internal -1
--on-io-error=detach  failed!

# service drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 0.7.20 (api:79/proto:74)