[DRBD-user] drbd locked and blocks other processes

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jul 10 12:29:13 CEST 2006

/ 2006-07-07 10:33:26 +0200
\ Wim Ceulemans:
> Hi
>
> Yesterday we observed that drbd was completely locked (in kernel
> thread?). All drbdsetup commands blocked and were not executed. This
> was after a short network failure. The drbd log is below. Some other
> running processes like squid where also locked, didn't work anymore
> and could not be killed and restarted.
> We are using drbd-0.7.14

> Anyone seen this before? Could this be fixed in a more recent drbd version?

depending on the context, yes.

in 0.7.18 and further 0.7.19 (more esoteric corner cases) we fixed some
memory allocation flag misuse, that could lead to deadlock during the
disconnect/reconnect phase.

do you have some more information on the exact state of the boxes, or is
this syslog excerpt all we have?