[DRBD-user] DRBD w/ HA w/ Large file issue

pv vishnubhatt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 01:59:00 CEST 2006

I have two servers - fedora1, fedora2, wired up w/ drbd and heartbeat and I'm
exporting the data (residing on the drbd dev) using NFS which is visible via
the cluster interface (via heartbeat).

The export is visible via a cluster interface (e.g. /data/export). I mount this
export (via the cluster interface) from yet another m/c (nfs client). And I'm
doing simple pings and copying/touching files - when I turn on/off one of the
nodes (e.g fedora1), the mount point moves from fedora1 to fedora2 and back
respectively very well. I copy smaller files and do the same, I do not seem to
have any problem, but when I try copying a large ISO image file, I see the
following issue:

1) between the two servers, fedora1 is the primary and I start copying the
large file. at this time - both servers are up and running and copy begins.
2) in between the copy, I turn off fedora1 and observe that fedora2 has taken
over the cluster interface as well as the nfs export/mount point, but I do not
see the large file that I started before the failure.
3) upon failback, I get a stale NFS handle error - in my haresources file, I
have the following entry:

fedora1  IPaddr::172.30.30.200/24/eth0 drbddisk::r1
Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/data::ext3 restart-nfs restart-rpcidmapd

--

Any idea if my config is wrong or is there an issue dealing w/ large files
either in drbd or the ha or NFS itself? Thx in advance.