[DRBD-user] mkfs hangs

Chip Burke cburke at innova-partners.com
Fri Jan 20 16:13:44 CET 2006

I am running 0.7.15 and I cannot seem to format a drive. When I go to run
'mkfs -j /dev/drbd0', mfks hangs while writing the inode tables at the same
place every time. If I stop drbd and format the underlying device, it works
fine, but the drbd device is not a happy camper. Any ideas as to what the
issue may be? /dev/drbd0 is set to primary and syncs just fine with it's
slave, so everything seems okay. but the drive isn't much good with out a
files system.

Thanks!

Chip Burke