[DRBD-user] fsck problem

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 19 20:30:46 CET 2006

I had a similar problem when I first started working with drbd long ago, and it was due to the fact
that I had formated the partition on the real device and not the drbd device.  This occurs
specifically if you are using internal metadata.

If you are using internal metadata, then you should format the drbd partition again so that things
work fine and the last 128MB of the partition are kept untouch for the metadata.

1. Backup all data to another partition
2. With drbd up format the drbd partition mke2fs -j /dev/drbdX
    -j if you want ext3.
3. put all data back in the partition.

That should take care of it.

Diego