[DRBD-user] Question about Linux-HA, stonith and data loss

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Jan 11 14:55:06 CET 2006

paddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apologies/errata to previous outporing:
>
> obviously, when to stonith is an HA issue.
>
> interesting that stonith assumes a network on which you can at least
> send in at least one direction.

Which of the stonith plugins are you saying that about?

http://linux-ha.org/ConfiguringStonithPlugins

Obviously the ssh plugins have that problem, but at least some of the others
connect to a device external to the other node and can brutally bring the
power of the other node to 0, with out the other node's network working.