[DRBD-user] Commands freeze when accessing drbd device.

Francis SOUYRI francis.souyri at apec.fr
Wed Jan 11 08:43:55 CET 2006

Hello Diego,

I have the same problem with the "mke2fs -j /dev/drbdX" and I can not
keep metadata in a separate partition.
If you check the mke2fs output below de block count is 131072 (128M) the
size of the logical volume is 256M so there is 128M reserved for the
drbd metadata.
I do not understand why with this cluster I  have this problem , I  have
some more clusters (not the same FC4 kernel) without this problem.

[root at noeud1 ~]# mke2fs -j /dev/drbd2
mke2fs 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=1024 (log=0)
Fragment size=1024 (log=0)
32768 inodes, 131072 blocks
6553 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
First data block=1
Maximum filesystem blocks=67371008
16 block groups
8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group
2048 inodes per group
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        8193, 24577, 40961, 57345, 73729

Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (4096 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:
**** No response ****

Best regards.

Francis