[DRBD-user] DRBD as NFS share to Samba

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Jan 3 18:21:01 CET 2006

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:52 +0100, LLLActive at GMX.Net wrote:
> New files and directories can be created. As soon as the user want's to
> edit the file (new and old), a message is given that the user has no
> access rights. This problem does not exist on the older file server
> (SuSE 9.3) where no DRBD is used.
>
> Do I have a DRBD problem or just a Samba problem?

DRBD knows absolutely nothing about filesystems or users or permissions.
It only knows about blocks. Each block is dutifully mirrored between
servers, but the data on that block is entirely up to the host. If
you're having filesystem permission problems it most definitely is an
error in NFS, Samba, et. al.

Corey