[DRBD-user] drbd on startup

Nate Reed nreed at awarix.com
Tue Feb 28 20:48:33 CET 2006

DRBD is not starting on system startup as it should.

It is chkconfig'd on:
[root at node1.cluster1.test] 28 chkconfig drbd
drbd  on

Yet after system startup it shows:

[root at node1.cluster1.test] 20 /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 0.7.5 (api:77/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 1781 build by root at cherubini, 2005-08-05 17:30:17
 0: cs:Unconfigured

We are using heartbeat, and drbddisk fails after DRBD should have started:

root at node1.cluster1.test] 27 /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk r0 start
ioctl(,SET_STATE,) failed: No such device or address
Device not configured
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary' terminated with exit code 20
drbdadm aborting

So, I have to manually start it (/etc/init.d/drbd start).  Then, it works.

What's wrong?

Nate