[DRBD-user] Cannot make sync in desired direction.

Igor Yu. Zhbanov bsg at uniyar.ac.ru
Tue Feb 28 04:46:02 CET 2006

Hello!

I am using drbd-0.7.16 on linux-2.6.15.4.

After a long time disconnect I desired to connect drbd nodes. And to protect
data on good node I put drbd in primary mode.

But when I try to run "drbdadm connect all", the drbd refuses to connect and
writes to log "Current Primary shall become sync TARGET! Aborting to prevent
data corruption.". I have tried to run command several times but nothing helps.
I even run "drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say primary all" but nothing changes.
And I can't invalidate nodes because it is possible only in connected state.

Because of lack of time I gave up and copy data from good node to another
drive, make sync in incorrect order, than copy data back.

But how to make sync in desired direction when I know for sure that node1 has
good data and node2 has bad?

Thanks.