[DRBD-user] multiple secondary nodes

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Feb 22 15:22:57 CET 2006

On 2006-02-20T10:30:40, Joost van den Broek <joost at seat-ibiza.nl> wrote:

> This is probably a noobish question, but wasn't able to find any answer (or
> just didn't search hard enough). I was struggling yesterday with a 3 node
> setup, where node1 is the primary and node2&3 are secondary. But somehow I
> didn't get this to work. What I like to do is mirroring node1 to node2 on
> the same network, while node3 is far, far away from both node1 and 2 (over
> slow WAN, just for backup purposes). I thought to do this with 2 resource
> groups, so the slow WAN link uses protocol A, while the fast LAN nodes can
> use protocol C.

In theory, you do this with a stacked DRBD setup.

At the top, you replicate from your active node to the peer using
protocol C.

The peer now replicates itself to node 3 via protocol A.

Handling switching from one to the other may be a bit annoying, and you
may run into issues with the kernel stack size on the intermediate peer,
but in theory it ought to work. ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--