[DRBD-user] multiple secondary nodes

Joost van den Broek joost at seat-ibiza.nl
Mon Feb 20 10:30:40 CET 2006

This is probably a noobish question, but wasn't able to find any answer (or
just didn't search hard enough). I was struggling yesterday with a 3 node
setup, where node1 is the primary and node2&3 are secondary. But somehow I
didn't get this to work. What I like to do is mirroring node1 to node2 on
the same network, while node3 is far, far away from both node1 and 2 (over
slow WAN, just for backup purposes). I thought to do this with 2 resource
groups, so the slow WAN link uses protocol A, while the fast LAN nodes can
use protocol C.

In short: is it possible to use more than two nodes using the same device in
a DRBD setup?

- Joost