[DRBD-user] LVM2 over DRBD strange behavior

Matthias Weigel matthias.weigel at maweos.de
Fri Feb 17 16:27:05 CET 2006

Hello Lars,

thanks for the -vvv tip.
I had used -v (documented in vgcreate manpage), but that was not enough...

vgcreate -vvv had this output:
[...]
       /dev/md7: lvm2 label detected
         Closed /dev/md7
       Duplicate PV 0biBqFWpblfkDfY2KOsejWzERVPNngxq on /dev/drbd1 -
using md /dev/md7
[...]

excluding all md devices in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and deleting
/etc/lvm/.cache fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

Matthias

P.S. sorry for the PM - I used the wrong reply.